Nepal has only one international airport, and it's Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). Tourists travelling into Nepal will be assisted by the Immigration Office at TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport), which is run by the Department of Immigration. ON Arrival Visas are 'Tourist Visas'. They bear multiple re-entry facility. On arrival visas are "Tourist Visa". The 'On Arrival Visa' process is quick and easy. During the busiest times of the year, tourists may expect to wait in line. You can also apply for a visa at one of the Nepalese foreign embassies overseas to arrive in the country with your passport already in hand, skipping the lengthy lines at the airport.
Nationals of following countries are requested to acquire Visa prior their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government. In other words, these nationals won't get on arrival visa until and unless they have official letter issued from Ministry of Home Affairs Nepal.
- Refugees with travel document
On Arrival Visa Fee
- 15 Days – 30 USD
- 30 Days – 50 USD
- 90 Days – 125 USD
Visa Extension Fee
Tourist visa extension is done for a minimum of 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
In the case of a delay of fewer than 150 days additional USD 5 per day is a late fine.
Procedures for On Arrival Visa (Tourist Visa)
- Fill in ' Arrival Card '
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form (you can fill it out prior to your arrival visiting the official website https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/ or fill it out using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it out on the website, you will get submission a receipt with a barcode. Please print it and bring it along for acquiring your visa. It will work for fifteen days and becomes invalid after that. If it expires you will have to fill it out again.
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement (15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt (while you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), it is recommended to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport.
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizens (except Afghanistan) once in a given visa Year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa 'On Arrival'.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder (issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals